Monday, June 8, 2009

Hip Hop, Please DON'T Stop!!!




So Friday night, the Smitster and I decide we are going to go out with my co-worker Josue.  His name is pronounced in some funky, Portuguese-ish way (Portuguese because he is from Bermuda).  Which is apparently the only sub-culture of people to inhabit London, because alllll of the people I am friends with are from Bermuda, rather spectacular (.... any MGMT fans out there? oracular spectacular? eh?).  Moving forward.... We went to the grand opening of this new night bar cleverly dubbed the "Doodle Bar".  The concept was very simple, yet possessed endless entertainment for the evening.  All was painted white, even the waiters (they were dressed in white, not painted, given.).  The idea was to capture who the people truly were, so they allowed everyone to draw whatever they wanted on all of the walls..... and logically, I wrote an enlarged, Bubble-Lettered version of my best "Roll Tide", signed JT Berney.... two points for the good guys.

The night was a blast!  They had a sweet DJ playing a lil hip hop at the start of the night, but it turned into some sweet swing-jazz toward the end of the night, which I loved of course.  When it was time to leave, Danny boy snagged one of the sweet posters which are displayed in the above pictures (a bit of editing applied if we're being honest).  Needless to say, there was some very enticing dance moves being thrown down by these British Nationals... hahaha, rich!!!  

The next morning, around 2, maybe three in the afternoon, we noticed we were hungry after our Nido hibernation.  We thought, hmmmmm, what do our bellies think about this peculiar situation... and they answered right on que... All signs pointed directly to => Portabello Road Market.  Wonderful.  I was going to try and stay away from sweets on Saturday.... my ambitions for healthy eating were shot point-blank as soon as I saw that market.  I proceeded to spend the entire lump sum of cash in my  pocket (roughly 20 quid (or pounds for you newbs)) on food.  I was actually able to eat a huge Baggette, three gargantuan doughnuts, a flat of raspberries, and a massive version of a crepe.... I left, in a satisfied state.  

Also at Portabello Road, I was looking at some antiques, and as I peer out of the corner of my eye, I notice an American.  I look at her for a second.... oh yeah, I know her, its Maggie Gyllenhaal.  Just chillin.  Pretty neat to see a star, but whatever.

Aight folks, tis all for now...  "Ta"

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Great to find your blog (thank you papa) and read up on your adventures. I LOVED London...one of my favorite places once you get the hang of the Tube. Be sure to visit Covent Garden...good memories of street performers, lovely coffee and the Doc Martin store ;)

    Enjoy yourself!!! You'll miss it when you get home.

    ReplyDelete