Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dreams To Remember...




Somewhere along our own personal journey's, it seems that we all lose sight of the things that we love.  This is not true for everyone, but for me, I know that it is true.  It's easy I guess to get caught up in the hustle bustle of "growing up".  Lately I've been giving lots of thought to the notion of WHY we lose sight of our dreams.  As a kid, I know that I used to have so many more aspirations for the future.  Everyday was a new adventure and I never knew what was going to be around the next corner.  Up until recently, that feeling had been gradually fading.... honestly I felt like a part of me was dying on the inside....  Sorry to be a downer, but is that not a reality?  I don't know, maybe that's just me....

I lost my zeal and luster for life at some point (lost is past tense, as to be uncovered later). Dominated by school, work, sports, etc... I felt like everyday was just another cast and mold that society forces us to conform to.  To be quite blunt, it stinks.  Anywho, what I am getting at is this....  I have been spending a lot of time with the Big Man lately, and He has restored those feelings of youth and adolescence to my heart.  I LOVE it!!!  I have and always will be an adventurous person, whether it be in sports, food, experiencing new things.  Love being challenged by new endeavors.  When I was a kid, I had these huge dreams about what my life would look like!  Not careers or houses or cars or any of that junk.  But the stuff that really mattered... church, friends, family, an awesome dog maybe?  Of course my dreams included the awesome job and things of that nature, but ya'll are what is really important.  So while I've been chattin with God, he kinda reminded me of a few things that I had forgotten... pay attention, cause these are important and good for the soul.  1) Don't make work or school your life, it doesn't amount to anything in the end.  2) Any chance you have to talk about the Lord, do it.  That opportunity was given to you on purpose, so make it purposeful.  3) Trust people.  Life is a lot easier if you give people a chance (at least, I have found this to be true).  4) This is the kicker...  LOVE people.  It is the most simple commandment God gave us, yet it is the hardest things to do.  I have to remind myself of this all the time, because it is not always easy to love.  It is hard to make yourself vulnerable like that....  

So, these were just some thoughts that I felt needed sharing.  In the meantime, try to remember to dream a little bit, it never hurt anyone... promise.  

P.S.-  Bee, I love you man... Sorry I'm a jerk dude.  I realize I'm not a great friend... Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment